Should I Buy a New Washing Machine in The New Year?
Today we are standing here looking at a new year in all its glory, all it’s potential. But dragging the old with us often can be annoying and unproductive. There are times to replace our old appliances whether they are a washing machine, dryer or maybe an entire remodel of your kitchen. People are more likely in the month of January to start the process of getting a divorce, sell their home and even buy new appliances. Buying a new washing machine in the coming days can be very beneficial to your home and maybe your budget if done for the right reasons. On the other hand, it could cost you more money and frustration also.
But there are times in our lives that it is time to take the plunge and buy that new appliance.
- One reason to buy a new washing machine would be because you do not like your current appliances. Often clients will call with a machine that they have had for years and it is making a noise or leaking. One of my first questions is do you like your appliance? I know this seems very simple but if you do not like it do not fix it.
- Another reason is that the parts needed on your washer is no longer available. Over time companies that make appliances simply stop making replacement parts. That is the perfect time to look at the brand you are using and see what will work better for your family.
- Also, you might consider buying another washing machine if It cost more to repair your current appliance than to buy a new one. However, saying that, make sure you buy either an older appliance or buy one that has a higher chance of making it past 3 years.
- Moving is also another reason to sometimes buy a different appliance. Moving into a new home can be fun and the old appliance might not fit the space or maybe you do not need as big of a machine because your kids have moved out.
- The final reason for me would be because the smell or noise in my machine simply will not go away. Sometimes a machine can get to the point where it is so annoying that it simply no longer works to keep it.
Taking time to really see if your appliance is worth keeping and it is time to repair it vs replace can spare you and your family time energy and money. Keep in mind just because it is new does not mean it is well made. Maintaining any appliance will help last longer and cost you less on repairs.
Learn more about the regular maintenance that needs to be done on all of your home appliances and how it can save you time and money.